Recipe Back to Blog
- 500g lean mince from Thomas Johnston
- 350g jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce, or any tomato based pasta sauce you like
- 1 baguette
- 2 x 125g balls mozzarella, drained and torn
- small handful basil, torn
- Heat a large frying pan and crumble in the mince. Fry over a high heat for 8 mins until completely browned.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and leave to bubble, uncovered, for 15 mins until thickened. Taste and season if you need to.
- Heat the grill. Cut the baguette in half lengthways, then cut the halves into 2 pieces. Place the bread, cut-side up, on a baking tray and grill for 2-3 mins until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the grill and divide the mince between the pieces. Scatter over the torn pieces of mozzarella.
- Grill for 3-4 mins more, until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Scatter with the basil and serve with a salad, if you like.
Source: BBC Good Food