- 900g-1.3kg/2-3lb lean half lamb leg joint or half shoulder
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 75ml/5tbsp prepared Madras curry paste, or similar
- 90ml/6tbsp natural yogurt
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and with a sharp knife make several slits over the surface of the joint and season. In a small bowl mix together the curry paste, yogurt and coriander leaves.
- Spread half the mixture over the surface of the lamb, cover and store the remainder of the paste in the fridge. Place the lamb in a shallow dish, cover and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, if time allows.
- Place the joint on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- 15-20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the foil from the lamb, brush with the remaining paste mixture and return to the oven.
- Serve the lamb with a selection of pickles or relishes, naan bread and rice.
This recipe is great for lamb mini roasting joints too.
Source: Simply Beef & Lamb posting in association with Love Lamb Week 2018!