Recipe Back to Blog
- 1kg sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 tsp ras-el-hanout, or a mix of ground cinnamon and cumin
- 4 skinless, boneless Thomas Johnston chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp clear honey
- juice ½ lemon
- handful green olives, pitted or whole
- 20g pack coriander, leaves chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15 mins or until tender.
- Mix the ras-el-hanout with seasoning, then sprinkle all over the chicken. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large frying pan, then brown the chicken for 3 mins on each side until golden.
- Lift the chicken out of the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 mins until softened.
- Add the stock, honey, lemon juice and olives, return the chicken to the pan, then simmer for 10 mins until the sauce is syrupy and the chicken cooked.
- Mash the potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and season. Thickly slice each chicken breast and stir the coriander through the sauce. Serve the chicken and sauce over mash.
Source: BBC Good Food