Recipe Back to Blog
- 1 egg
- 2 Thomas Johnston pork sausages (pre-cooked and thinly sliced)
- 4 ripe tomatoes (halved)
- 6 unpeeled potatoes (chopped/sliced)
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley roughly chopped to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220˚C
- Part-boil potatoes for 5-10 mins until the outside becomes soft – Drain and dry then set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large, oven safe, nonstick pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and gently fry until brown.
- Add the tomatoes, 1 tbsp tomato puree and optional chilli powder to the pan and stir to coat the potatoes.
- Add the sliced sausages and lightly season the pan with salt & pepper.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle grated cheese evenly over the sausage mixture and crack the egg on top.
- Season the eggs with salt & pepper, put the pan into the preheated oven and bake until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy