Recipe Back to Blog
- 1 lemon
- 2 oranges
- 8 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4cm (1.5in) piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 60g (2½oz) light brown sugar
- 60ml (2 1/2fl oz) ruby port
- 75cl bottle full-bodied red wine
For the garnish
- 1/2 orange, sliced into half moons
- ½ lemon, sliced into half moons
- 6-8 cinnamon sticks
- Remove the zest from the lemon and one of the oranges with a potato peeler in thin strips then juice the zested orange.
- Push the cloves into the remaining orange.Put the zest, orange juice and clove studded orange in a large pan along with 2 cinnamon sticks, the ginger, sugar, port, red wine and 750ml (1 1/2 pint) water.
- Put over a low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves, then turn up the heat slightly and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes before ladling into glasses. Garnish with the orange and lemon slices and a cinnamon stick.
Source: Tesco Real Food