Recipe Back to Blog
- 1 large sweet potato, (about 190g), cut into wedges
- 260g turkey breast mince (under 5% fat) from Thomas Johnston
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 apple, (about 70g), peeled and grated
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 15g coconut oil
- 135g green vegetables (spinach, kale, broccoli, mangetout or green beans)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Zap the sweet potato wedges in the microwave for about 6 mins on full power until just turning soft. Leave to rest for 30 secs.
- While the sweet potato is spinning in the microwave, mix the mince in a bowl with the onion, garlic, egg and apple. Get your hands stuck in and work the ingredients together with a good pinch of salt and pepper, the oregano and paprika. Shape the mixture into two burgers about 3cm thick. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 15-20 mins until cooked through.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the sweet potato wedges and shallow-fry for about 3 mins each side until they are nicely browned all over and cooked through to the centre. (Alternatively, toss in the oil and roast in the oven for 15-20 mins.) Drain on kitchen paper, then season with a good pinch of salt.
- Serve the burgers with the sweet potato wedges and a portion of green veg either steamed, blanched or boiled.
Source: BBC Good Food / Joe Wicks